Beasty Mountain bars.
When I am at home, or down from the mountain I quite enjoy a good bit of cooking, I am by no means a Pro in the kitchen, but generally love banging a ton of good ingredients into the pot , cooking them up, fuel for days! Either on the hill or just as a good snack when your out on a bike mission. So I thought I would share my favourite mash up of ingredients to make my 'healthy' BEASTY MOUNTAIN BARS.
- 1 CUP of oats.
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut
- Honey or Syrup. This is optional depending on your sweet tooth. I went for a good few squeezes of honey.
- Lucy Bee Coconut oil. I am a huge fan of this at the moment, have been using it in everything that I cook. I used 2 generous size table spoons, this helps bind the mix together and gives it that nice hint of coconut. YUM.
- 2 bananas - wack them in the mix and smash them up.
- 2 -3 tablespoons of Almond butter , I discovered this nut butter by Wyldsson which has every type of nut you can imagine, almond, hazelnut, cashews and a ton of different seeds, so the perfect power house mix, which really provides you with that fuel to keep the hunger at bay when your out on a mission.
- A handful of Wyldsson Mulberries
- A handful of Apricots.
- Any nuts + seeds of your choice, I used 2 heaped tablespoons of the Wyldsson Breakfast / Salad topper it has a combo of goodness, cashews, hazelnuts, chia seeds, gogi berries.
Mix it all together, basically bash the mixture around until it's all mixed and the bananas are more like a puree .
Use your Lucy Bee to line the baking tray. Put the mixture into the tray and bake for 10-15 miniutes on approx 160 - 180.
Slice them while warm. Wait till cool and enjoy :)